Instagram is the fourth most popular social media platform with roughly over 1 billion users worldwide. And what these statistics tell us is that the platform gives any business another opportunity to market their products. This eventually leads to a boost in brand awareness, customer growth, and of course, ROI.
Using Instagram for your business might seem a daunting task. That’s why in this blog, we’ll explore how to leverage the power of Instagram and align it with your business’s goals and needs.
How to grow your business with Instagram
Set up an Instagram business account
First, you need to set up an account. You can either create an account from scratch or switch from a personal to a business account. Here’s how:
- Download the Instagram app for iOS, Android, or windows on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Click Sign up.
- Enter your business email address. You can also log in via Facebook if you already have a business account there.
- Choose your username and password.
- Tap Next.
Now that you have a personal Instagram account, switch to a business account by following these steps.
- From your profile, tap the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Settings, and click Switch to Business/Professional profile. Instagram also recommends connecting your business Facebook account with your Instagram business profile.
- Add your business details including your profile picture, name, username, contact information, website URL, and a short, optimised bio.
Add value to your content
Instagram is a visual platform. And to succeed in this platform, you need to create valuable content that attracts and sparks interest. To do that, make sure to find content that works best for your business and appeals to your demographics. Here are three ways to add value to your content:
- Make your ads and posts targeted to your target audience. Your content shouldn’t revolve solely around you. Instead, focus on the needs of your customers and what meets their goals. This helps you stand out from competitors who prefer only to talk about their brand.
- Be authentic. Stop trying to make your brand something it’s not. Your audience wants to know who they’re doing business with – and it should be someone they know, like, and trust.
- Partner with influencers. Influencer marketing is one of the best off-page strategies to not only boost customer confidence but also rankings! Make sure to partner with someone who believes in your products and with whom you share the same values and customers.
READ: 8 Effective Strategies to Increase Your Small Business’ Social Media Audience
Make sure to stay consistent
A messy theme or feed distracts visitors. That’s why it’s important to keep your posts, fonts, brand colours, and feed consistent. Being consistent leads to clicks – and clicks turn to profit. And the more active you are, the better your chances of appearing on Instagram’s explore page.
Remember, consistency is key to success.
Engage with your audience
Don’t settle with just posting content. Let users know they matter to your brand by engaging and responding to their comments.
There are tons of ways to engage with your audience. These could be by commenting on posts, reacting to stories, running contests and giveaways, participating in comment threads, and giving shoutouts. When you tailor your activities based on your target audience’s interests, it makes them feel heard and that their opinions matter.
RECOMMENDED: 10 Steps to Build a Strong Personal Brand on Social Media
Use shoppable posts
Now this Instagram feature makes selling a whole lot easier. Shoppable posts are a great way to showcase your catalogue and drive sales. With this feature, businesses can tag products directly on their posts, giving customers a seamless shopping experience without leaving the app.
Take your marketing to a whole ‘nother level!
Making Instagram work for your business can be difficult, especially when you’re just starting out. But with the right tools, tips, and strategies, this social media platform might be your ticket to a booming business.