It’s tempting to dive straight into execution when you have a new business idea. However, you need the proper preparation to start a new venture. Get all your thoughts and ideas on paper, finalise the details, and create a business plan.
A business plan helps evaluate ideas and scope out the work. It also allows you to plan the next phase, such as creating a website, securing funds, marketing, and refining your business strategy, and identifying goals.
Getting started may be tricky for new entrepreneurs. If creating a business plan is too intimidating, use a customisable, pre-made template.
We’ve listed some of the top business plan templates you can explore to create the right plan for your next business idea.
Top 7 Free Strategic Business Plan Templates
1. HubSpot’s Downloadable Business Plan Template
This downloadable free template by HubASpot is a reference manual for startups starting their business venture.
Their templates show you what to incorporate in each section and the best ways to execute it.
Other assets also feature:
- A check-off list for each section of the business plan as a reference
- A guide for filling out each section of your business plan.
- Easy accessibility for startup entrepreneurs
2. PandaDoc’s Free Business Plan Template
PandaDoc is another platform that offers free templates for startups looking for a fleshed-out sample business plan.
The template describes what you should include in each section, saving time and effort from starting everything from scratch and include features such as:
- Comprehensive and in-depth instructions for developing a robust business plan.
- Synced e-signature software to sign documents with other stakeholders with convenience
- Easy navigation for new business startups with a partner or board of directors.
3. Shopify’s Business Blueprint
This free template by Shopify gives you all the necessary skills, tools, and knowledge to start your business plan.
It’s full of insights and exercises tailored to help startup owners and early-stage entrepreneurs navigate the process from ideation to execution with relative ease. It also:
- Covers all essential aspects of starting a new business
- Assists startup business owners and entrepreneurs in assessing multiple facets of managing a business
- Identifies and works on other areas of the startup business that you might have missed.
4. LiveFlow’s Financial Planning Business Template
This free template makes it simpler for entrepreneurs to develop a robust financial plan and track their business progress by design.
It includes a comprehensive financial format allowing users to track operating expenses, revenues, operating profit margins, and gross/net profits of your business. Some of its featured benefits include:
- A versatile and user-friendly template for new business owners.
- A straightforward process for writing all your business financial information.
- A quick dashboard that consolidates data and updates with every change made.
5. Free Business Plan Template by Score
Score is a well-known American nonprofit organization offering detailed and actionable business plan templates for startups to launch and run a successful business venture, available for free in PDF and Word formats.
Its business templates also include several of the following features:
- Modifiable as per specific requirements.
- In-person or online mentorship for further input on your business plan.
- Convenient and easy to fill out.
6. Free Business Plan Template by BPlan
This free template is more financially oriented and dedicates a large section to the overall financial plan. It allows you to understand your business’s financial health and the strategies you need to strengthen it further.
It’s easy to use, complete with detailed instructions and various finance-centric sections, providing a simple and hassle-free process of writing the startup business plan.
7. Microsoft Office Online Templates
Lastly, Microsoft Office offers a range of strategic business plan templates you can download for free to get started with your business idea, complete with a marketing plan to an executive summary.
Despite its simplicity, Microsoft office online templates provide:
- Assorted business plan templates for PowerPoint presentation
- Conveniently customisable to suit each company’s branding
- Stylish plans that exude professionalism
Create a Winning Business Plan Today
Business plan templates are an excellent tool that saves startup entrepreneurs and small business owners a great deal of time by working off a pre-designed document.
Using the list mentioned above of convenient and accessible professional templates, you can get started with your groundbreaking ideas without working from scratch. Take the first step to your business journey today.